FOOD-Search Directory | Previous file | Next file
---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04
Title: EASTER BASKETS AND BUNNIES CUPCAKES
Categories: Desserts, Holiday
Yield: 33 Cupcakes
2 c Sugar
1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
3/4 c HERSHEY'S Cocoa; OR...
-European Style Cocoa
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1 1/2 ts Baking soda
1 ts Salt
1 c Milk
1/2 c Vegetable oil
2 ts Vanilla extract
1 c Boiling water
CREAMY VANILLA FROSTING
1/3 c Butter or margarine
3 1/2 c Powdered sugar; divided use
1 1/2 tss vanilla extract
1/4 c Milk,
10 oz MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut
--------------------SUGGESTED GARNISHES-------------------- Marshmallows HERSHEY'S Mini KISSES Licorice
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- In large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Prepare CREAMY VANILLA FROSTING; frost cupcakes. Immediately press desired color tinted coconut onto each cupcake. Garnish as desired to resemble Easter basket or bunny. About 33 cupcakes.
CREAMY VANILLA FROSTING: In medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup softened butter or margarine. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat well. Add 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar alternately with 1/4 cup milk, beating to spreading consistency. About 2 cups frosting.
- To tint coconut, combine several drops desired color food color with 3/4 teaspoon water; add to 1-1/2 cups coconut. Stir until evenly tinted.
Copyright 1995 Hershey Foods Corporation. Recipe may be reprinted courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens.